Latest Happenings from Plum
A few fun FAQS from NARTs ~ The Natoinal Association of Resale & Thrift
Back to school shopping is big business for big box merchants, but it does NOT have to break the bank account. Students can be outfitted at resale stores for a fraction of the original price. Parents who understand value do not let back-to-school shopping sabotage their budget. Resale shops are a great source for clothing. They stock good quality, current style apparel at great prices.
Parents who remain cautious in how and where they spend their back to school dollars this year are recognizing resale as the solution to their budget concerns. NARTS President, Bonnie Kallenberg, owner of Finders Keepers in Avondale Estates, GA says, "Green is 'in' this year, but it has nothing to do with color... it's all about money. Outfitting your children for the first day of school doesn’t have to break the bank this year. Resale shops offer a wealth of reasonably priced, trendy clothes. The affordability of resale shopping helps parents send their students back to school in style."
Send your kids back to school in style by shopping smart... which means shopping resale! Here are a few tips on how to shop sensibly:
• Make a list before you go shopping. It will keep you on track and save you from impulse buying.
• Do an inventory of what you have so you can build on it by looking for coordinating pieces.
• This is also a good time to recycle clothing your child has outgrown by selling or consigning it at your favorite resale shop, giving you cash to spend on this year's clothes.
• Involve your children in the back-to-school budget and teach them to comparison shop. Help them identify their "wants and needs" then ask which items they consider "essential." Show them how they can do their part in recycling by giving clothes a second life.
• Play stylist with your children... trying to create as many looks as possible with a few pieces. Many outfit combinations can be created by layering.
• Get started early and visit your favorite resale shops often as new things come in every day. • Shop during the state sales tax holiday—if your state has one. In some state's, the tax holiday coincides with back to school shopping time.
• You do not have to buy everything at once. A few new outfits will get your children started and gives them time to access the trends. You can add during the year as you discover great new bargains at your favorite resale shop.
• Shop at resale stores for clothes and accessories. Remember... always look for the NARTS decal. It is Your Assurance of Resale Professionalism.
In honor of International Resale Day, we are participating in a summer consignment crawl with other Front Range Area Resalers. Each host will provide refreshments, special promotions & giveaways throughout the day at shops in Denver, Aurora, Arvada, Brighton, Boulder, Golden, Englewood & Littleton with one common goal in mind ~ to highten awareness of the resale industry. Come join Plum Consignment for the crawl & receive a $5 Gift Card toward your purchase on 7/16/16 & don't miss our "Carpe Dealum" $10 Designer Denim Rack! #COConsignmentCrawl
TO RSVP a $10 deposit is required. Remaining balance $45 due at event. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720.341.9737 for more details.
What will be provided: Refreshments, beads, thread, tassel + a guru bead